From 2000 till now works as Orthodontic Consultant at Santi Paolo e Carlo Hospital in the Regional center for Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome.
From 2011 till now works as Orthodontic Consultant at Ospedale Santi Paolo e Carlo, Milan ( Clinical Director Dr.Luca Autelitano).
From 2005 till now works at Studio Odontoiatrico Associato dei Dott. Tortora Ezio, Maffucci Giancarlo, Trovesi Barbara, Tortora Chiara, Via Locatelli 6, 20124, Milan, at the Clinic “Narcodont”, Piazza S.Ambrogio 16, 20123, Milano and collaborates with Dr. MC Meazzini at the “Studio Odontoiatrico Tintinelli R. Rossi G”, Galleria Buenos Aires 9, 20124, Milan.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
From 2002 till 2009 : Internship at the Orthodontics’ ward helded by Professor Giovanna Garattini at Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry Department, Dental Building (Milan).
From 2002 till 2011 attends the Maxillo-facial ward, hold by Professor Roberto Brusati at the Medicine and Surgery Department, San Paolo Hospital (Milan).
November 2008: Medical specialty in Orthodontics , grades 70/70 with honors. Thesis Tiltle “Maxillary hypoplasia in unilateral cleft lip and palate patients: a multidisciplinary approach in the research of one cause:” (Mentor: Chiar.mo Prof. Antonino Salvato e Co-mentor: Prof.ssa Giovanna Garattini).
February 2006 Orthodontics specialization faculty’s enrollment at the State University of Milan.
January 31st 2005: enrollment at the Medicine and Dentistry Association of Milan.
November 10 2004: Dentistry graduation: 107/110, at the State University of Milan with a sperimental thesis in Orthodontics titled: “Maxillo-facial growth in unilateral cleft lip and palate patients at 5 and 10 years old: comparison of two surgical protocol”. (Mentor: Professor Giovanna Garattini and Co-mentor Dr. MC. Meazzini).
September 1999: Faculty of Dentistry enrollment at the State University of Milan.
July 1999: High school graduation in Classic Studies at the Lyceum Classico Sperimentale “Vittoria Colonna” of Milan.
CONGRESSES AND COURSES
- June 2-5 2022 “1st International Congress on Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome” with the presentation “multidisciplinary approach for the diagnosis, care and treatment of macroglossia in children affected by BWS “, Cervia.
- May 15-16th 2022 “Aligner Orthodontics fan advanced”, Firenze.
- April 4-6 2022: “Orthodontic solutions: treating and finishing with excellence”, Milano.
- October 18-19 2019 partecipa all’ 11° Congresso Nazionale SILPS, Milano con una comunicazione libera dal titolo: Macroglossia in patients affected by Becwith-Wiedemann Syndrome: a Case report
- September 27-28 2019 “Diventa anche tu un alignerpro”, Milano.
- June 12-15 2019 Congress ECPCA (European Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association) con l’ Abstract: BWS protocol based on cephalometric and photometric findings.
- June 1st 2019 “Faccette in ceramica nei settori anteriori, indicazioni, preparazioni, incollaggio” Torino.
- April 6th 2019 “Come riabilitare il paziente bruxista” Hotel Ca’ Granda, Milano.
- March 9 2019 “Il lifting del sorriso con le faccette in ceramica” Hotel Ca’ Granda, Milano.
- November 23rd 2018: “Restauri anteriori in ceramica integrale” Hotel Ca’ Granda, Milano.
- November 17th 2018: “Attualità nel trattamento odontostomatologico e chirurgico maxillo facciale delle OSAS” Westin Palace, Milan.
- October 27th 2018: “Approccio multidisciplinare alla LPS” Complesso Monumentale S.Spirito in Sassia, Rome.
- December 19th 2017 Lecturer at the course “Being dentists with Operation Smile” Santa Maria della Pietà, Rome.
- 20-22nd March 2017: BWS Consensus Meeting, Le Coudray Montceaux/France
- May 13th 2016: 10° Congresso Nazionale SILPS Bologna, Policlinico Sant’Orsola Malpighi, “Orthopaedic advancement of the maxilla with modify Alt-Ramec technique in a UCLP patient: follow-up to 18 years of age”.
- June 13th-14th 2014: Scientific Planner at 9° Congresso Nazionale SILPS, Milan, Palazzo Castiglioni: “Alt-Ramec treatment in UCLP: long-term follow-up”. Award for Best Clinical Presentation.
- June 8th 2013 Scientific Planner at Course: “Management of the respiratory problem in the baby patient with maxillary hypoplasia”. Livorno, Carrier Ship ‘Cavour’.
- February 12th 2013: Active member of BWS Scientific Comittee.
- January 17th 2013: Lecturer at the Congress: The treatment of macrogossia: why, when and how”. Torino,Regina Elena Hospital.
- October 27th 2012: Congresso SILPS with the presentation: “Primary orthopaedics in BCLP. Primary lengthening of the columella: the scientific evidence”, Bologna.
- 23rd-24th October 2011: IX National Congress SILPS, University La Sapienza of Roma.
- From 12nd 2010 till November 13th 2010 attends the course “Advanced elements with MBT technique”, Hotel Baglioni di Verona.
- June 19th-20th 2009: VII National Congress SILPS, Como.
- May 5th 2009 Course FAD “Sicure”. Security of the patients and the management of the clinical risk”, Milan.
- January 23rd 2009 Course “Update with the Aggiornamento in tema di self ligating techinque”, Milan.
- September 19th 2008: Course of Cerification with Invisalign, Milan.
- September 20th-23rd 2007: Congress “Innovation in aesthetics and oral function” , Roma.
- May 18th-19th 2007 Lecturer/Moderator at the VI National Congress SILPS, Bologna.
- May 12nd 2007: Course “From symtoms to diagnosis: multidiscilplinary approach to the oral respiratory child”, Melegnano.
- May 10th 2007 Pratical Course “Self-ligating biomechanics with low friction: introduction to the Damon System”, Modena.
- November 11th 2006 “Radioprotection Course,” Milan.
- May 31st 2006- June 4th 2006: III National Congress S.I.N.E.T., Naples.
- March 30th 2006: Congress: “Formula dentaria reduction in the orthodontic treatment”, Milano.
- November 25th-26th 2005 Course “Update in Orthodontics”, Milan.
- October 1st 2005 Course “Ethic and professionality in the oral care of the elderly patients”, Milan.
- May 20th-21st 2005: National Congress SILPS, Sestri Levante.
- March 19th 2005 Course “The conservatiove restoration of the anterior and posterior teeth”, Milan.
- November 25th-27th 2004 “2° Course on primary treatment of CLP” , Milan.
- November 20th 2004 Course “The non extraction therapy in class II. Easy Pendulum”, Milano.
- October 9th 2004: IV Meeting SIBOS, Milan.
- April 21st-24th 2004: XI National Congress of “Teachers’body in dentistry”, Rome.
- October 1st-4th: XVII International Congress SIDO, Rimini.
- April 25th-26th 2003: IX International “The success in restorative dentistry: clinical and scientific basis” Riva del Garda.
- June 1st-2nd 2001: International Workshop “Posture and Occlusione” , Milan.
- “Comparison of the psychosocial impact on patients affected by cranio facial anomlies between traditional orthodontic brackets and aligners”. Meazzini MC, Tortora C, Cohen N, Mazzoleni F, Balbo N, Donati V, Autelitano L. - Int J Adolesc Med Health. 2020 Aug. Online ahead of print.
- “Comparison of Pain Perception in Patients Affected by Cleft and Cranio Facial Anomalies Treated With Traditional Fixed Appliances or Invisalign”. Meazzini MC, Tortora C, Mazzoleni F, Autelitano L. - Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2020 Jan;57(1):35-42.
- “Long-term longitudinal evalutation of mandibular growth in patients with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome treated and not treated with glossectomy”. Meazzini MC, Besana M, Tortora C, Cohen N, Rezzonico A, Ferrari M, Autelitano L - .J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2020;48(12):1126-1131.
- “Clinical and molecular diagnosis , screening and management of Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome:an international consensus statement”. Brioude F. et al. - Nature Reviews Endocrinology 2018(14): 229-249.
- “Short and long term effects of late maxillary advancement with the Liou-Alt-Ramec protocol in unilateral cleft lip and palate” . Meazzini MC, Zappia LB, Tortora C, Autelitano L, Tintinelli R. - Cleft Palate Craniofac Journal, 2018.
- “Recommendations of the Scientific Committee of the Italian Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome Association on the diagnosis, management and follow-up of the syndrome”. Mussa A, Di Candia S, Russo S, Catania S, De Pellegrin M, Di Luzio L, Ferrari M, Tortora C, Meazzini MC, Brusati R, Milani D, Zampino G, Montirosso R, Riccio A, Selicorni A, Cocchi G, Ferrero GB. - Eur J Med Genet. 2016 Jan;59(1):52-64.
- “Long-Term Computed Tomographic Evaluation of Alveolar Bone Formation in Patients with Unilateral Cleft Lip and Palate after Early Secondary Gingivoalveolplasty. Meazzini MC, Corno M, Novelli G, Autelitano L, Tortora C, Elsido D, Garattini G, Brusati R. - Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016
- “Factors that affect variability in impairment of maxillary growth in patients with cleft lip and palate patients treated using the same surgical protocol”. Meazzini MC, Tortora C, Morabito A, Garattini G, Brusati R. -Journal of Plastic and Hand Surgery 2011(4-5): 188-193.
- Prevalence of abnormalities in dental structure, position, and eruption pattern in a population of unilateral and bilateral cleft lip and palate patients. Tortora C, Meazzini MC, Garattini G, Brusati R. - Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2008 Mar;45(2):154-62.
- “Alveolar bone formation in patients with unilateral and bilateral cleft lip and palate after secondary gingivo-alveolo-plasty:long-term results”. Meazzini MC, Tortora C, Morabito A, Garattini G, Brusati R. - Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007 Apr 15;119(5):1527-37.
- The abstract “Alveolar bone formation in patients with unilateral and bilateral cleft lip and palate after secondary gingivo-alveolo-plasty:long-term results” was presented at the VIII European Craniofacial Congress, Bilbao, June 20th-23rd 2007.
- “Regional Odontodisplasia or “Ghost tooth: the state of the art”. G.Garattini, E.Bazzini, C.Tortora, G.Rocchi, F.Bridda - Ortodonzia Clinica, Giugno 2005.
MODULE 1 - PRELIMINARY PROGRAM Ecpca Course MODULE 1
DAY 3 – February 25, 2023 -ORTHODONTICS IN THE PERMANENT DENTITION
Chair: Akhter Husain (India)
ORTHODONTICS IN THE PERMANENT DENTITION
Non-surgical Treatment of Sagittal Maxillary Hypoplasia and class III in CLP patients:
- New approaches to class III treatment and mandibular growth control with TADs
Eric Liou - Taiwan – 20’
- Long term results after Treatment with De Clerk bone anchors
Daniela Garib - Brazil – 15’
- Long term results with a modified Alt-Ramec technique with TADs
Maria Costanza Meazzini – Italy – 15’
Management of dental impaction in Clefts, the importance of 3D diagnosis
Cristina Incorvati - Italy – 10’
DISCUSSION - 15’
Management of missing lateral incisors: when should we close the space, when should we keep it?
Bert Braumann – Germany – 15’
Management of missing lateral incisors : Biomechanical considerations
Susanna Botticelli - Denmark – 15’
Camouflage compensatory orthodontic treatment: indications, management, limits
Agneta Karsten - Sweden – 20’
Aligner therapy in cleft lip and palate orthodontics: advantages and disadvantages
Maria Costanza Meazzini, Chiara Tortora - Italy – 10’
The coordination between orthodontics and Prosthodontics and Aesthetic Dentistry in CLP
Carlo Aletti, Luca Pavesi – Italy – 15’
DISCUSSION - 15’
MODULE 4 Ecpca Course MODULE 4
DAY 9 – September 23, 2023 - BECKWITH WIEDEMANN SYNDROME
Chair: Patrizia De Fabianis (Italy)
RARE CRANIOFACIAL SYNDROMES
BECKWITH WIEDEMANN SYNDROME
Genetics and clinical problems
Alessandro Mussa – Italy – 10’
Speech Therapy and diagnosis in BWS: Orthodontic implications
Angela Rezzonico - Italy– 15’
Orthodontics in BWS: why is it important to know the biology leading to the pathological growth
Chiara Tortora - Italy– 15’
Surgery in BWS: Glossectomy when and how?
Mario Ferrari - Italy– 10